Q: Upon doing a valve adjustment all of a sudden no fire to the spark plugs why?

Upon doing a cylinder head resurfacing,installING completely, the car ran fine. The lifter had a tap so we decided to do a valve adjustment to spec, now the car does not get spark to the plugs, what can it be, it ran before the valve adjustment now no fire what so ever????? Please help I have to be at work in 5 hrs!!!!!!!!

Hi There, It sounds like in the process of making your adjustments you may have possibly impacted the camshaft position sensor. The camshaft position sensor is a magnetic sensor that monitors camshaft speed to regulate ignition timing and fuel injection timing. It gathers and sends information about the car’s camshaft speed to the car’s electronic control module. This information is used by the computer to further calculate the time of ignition and the timing of fuel injection required by the engine. When this is not working properly, you may experience a drop in power, poor idling, poor fuel mileage and problems starting the vehicle. As the sensor begins to fail and gets worse over time as the signal it provides to the computer weakens. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your [camshaft position sensor](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/camshaft-position-sensor-replacement.

3. Upon doing a valve adjustment all of a sudden no fire to the spark plugs why?