Q: Unresponsive radiator fan

My radiator fan is not coming on when my car reaches high temperature. I put power to the fan themselves and they spun. I also replaced the fuse, thermostat and fan switch. I did not test the new switch or thermostat to make sure the new ones work. But can a bad thermostat not cause the fans to turn on? If not, then I'm not sure what else I should do to try to fix the situation.

Hi, thanks for writing in. With the key in the on position, ground the black and green wire at the fan switch on the engine to see if the fan comes on. If it does, then I’d check the new fan switch to see if there’s a problem there. If it does not come on, then the problem may lie in the cooling fan relay in the engine fuse box. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Unresponsive radiator fan