Q: Q: Turning over but won't start

So I have been having some problems starting my truck. Just today, I started it up and it was fine. I let it sit for about 5 minutes to warm up and then left. I drive about a mile down the road and then stopped to get something. I came back and tried starting it up but it won't start. I let it sit and then tried again pushing down the gas pedal but nothing. It turns over but no start. It sounds like it's losing power too. I'm just not sure what to do

Hi there:

Quite often the type of issue you’re describing is caused by a fuel restriction or emissions component issue. Some of the particular parts that could be causing this include the EGR valve, O2 or air to fuel ratio sensors or the mass air flow sensor. It’s also possible that the crankshaft position sensor or the electrical connector is damaged. The best way to determine what is causing this issue with your Mazda pickup, you should contact a mobile mechanic and have them complete a car is hard to start inspection.

Hello. The vehicle is sounding like it is loosing power because the battery is being drained every time you attempt to start it, and the alternator isn’t running to charge it. A no start situation can be caused by the obvious fuel, air, and spark systems. It can also effected by various sensors. You will want to start by checking for spark by using a spark tester on the wires. You can also try spraying starter fluid in the intake to see if you are having a fuel delivery issue. The other more accurate method would be to hook up a fuel gauge in-line after the filter. Then try to start the car and see if the pressure is within acceptable range. The MAF sensor and air intake will also play a part. If the fuel and spark systems check out, you can attempt to scan the vehicle for troubleshooting codes and see if these sensors have shown a bad reading. Only further testing will tell.

3. Q: Turning over but won't start