Q: Turning Noise

When I turn a corner I hear a noise (sort of a errr sound) but when I drive straight the noise is not present. Any idea of potential cause?

Hi there. Most of the time this noise is caused by a failing cv axle joint. When one of these fails it will make this type of noise when turning. I usually get the vehicle in the air and run it to listen for the noise when turning. Most of the time it is the axle failing, but it can also be a tire that is unevenly worn, a bearing that is failing or a transmission failure. If you are going to have this noise looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose what is causing this sound and repair it.