Q: Turning left, the steering wheel would not move

While slowing down when approaching a junction, I started turning left and the steering wheel would not move. The steering wheel light on the dashboard came on. I turned the engine off and back on so I could move out of traffic. After that it seemed okay. The steering wheel light was the only warning that came on - no error messages. Is it safe to drive my car and can you tell me what caused that to happen?

Hello! I strongly suggest to not drive the vehicle until it is inspected by a technician. It is very dangerous to drive a vehicle which poses the risk of steering wheel lock up.

I suggest to have the vehicle towed to a dealership or if you would like to avoid paying for a tow, consider using a mobile mechanic service such as YourMechanic. They will be able to diagnose the source of your steering wheel issue at your own convenience and fix it accordingly.

3. Turning left, the steering wheel would not move