Q: Turning left, the steering wheel would not move

While slowing down when approaching a junction, I started turning left and the steering wheel would not move. The steering wheel light on the dashboard came on. I turned the engine off and back on so I could move out of traffic. After that it seemed okay. The steering wheel light was the only warning that came on - no error messages. Is it safe to drive my car and can you tell me what caused that to happen?

A: Hello! I strongly suggest to not drive the ...

Hello! I strongly suggest to not drive the vehicle until it is inspected by a technician. It is very dangerous to drive a vehicle which poses the risk of steering wheel lock up.

I suggest to have the vehicle towed to a dealership or if you would like to avoid paying for a tow, consider using a mobile mechanic service such as YourMechanic. They will be able to diagnose the source of your steering wheel issue at your own convenience and fix it accordingly.