Q: Turned off car, but ac blower kept blowing

After getting home from work, I removed the key from the ignition and the a/c blower would not shut off - just kept blowing. My car has climate control and it works fine. To get the blower to stop, I had to pull out the 30 amp fuse (under the hood), the one marked A/C Blower. I am hoping that this is something that I can replace and/or fix myself. Hopefully it’s just a fuse malfunction. Can you tell me what part I need to order so that I can fix this?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1997 Oldsmobile LSS. Pulling the fuse was a good measure to keep your battery from dying with the fan staying on. There could be a problem with the switch or relay in the system that is shorted and allowing power to the blower all of the time. Hire an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect your car and replace the blower motor switch or relay if necessary.