Q: Turn Signals - 2001 Volkswagen Jetta

I was driving the other day, and everything was working perfectly fine. I used my turn signal several times, no problem. As I was on my way home, I went to use the turn signal, and nothing happened. The light didn't come on, the arrows inside the car didn't blink, absolutely nothing happened. I tried both left and right, neither worked. I've checked the corresponding fuse, and from what I can tell it is not burnt out, and I even tried replacing it with another one, and I got nothing. What should I do from here?

Hello. Cars use a thermal flasher or variant as there might be solid state (electronic) versions to provide the "blinking" effect that we are all used to. That component could have failed, BUT there is also quite a bit of wiring involved that would have to be checked, too, for either excessive voltage drop and/or an open (broken) circuit. These are diagnostic procedures that require tracing the circuit, segment by segment, until either the wiring fault is found OR a bad component is found. If you need help having this fixed, have a certified technician from YourMechanic diagnose and repair the turn signal problem for you.

3. Turn Signals - 2001 Volkswagen Jetta