Q: Turn signal isnt working but hazards do

When I flip the turn signal switch it does not work on either side but when I turn the hazard lights on they do. I have checked the fuse and there is nothing wrong with that and I have replaced the switch itself and it is still having the same problem.

A: Hello. Your hazards are sent a constant sou...

Hello. Your hazards are sent a constant source of power from the battery for emergency situations, while the turn signals are designed to be sent through the ignition switch. They will only turn on if the vehicle is on, and the switch is engaged. When you say you changed the switch, are you referring to the turn signal flasher or the switch on the steering column? There is a small relay under the dash board that creates the pulsating of the light. If you do not hear the usual clicking of the turn signal when the switch is turned on, then the flasher relay needs to be replaced. Other electrical issues can be tracked down with a voltmeter. You will want to trace the electrical supply from the fuse and fuse box to the switch, to the relay flasher, and on to the bulbs. When you turn the signals on, the voltage should be available constantly up to the flasher. Then after that a pulsating voltage should be available from the relay to the bulb. Find where the voltage becomes unavailable, and that will be the cause of your issues. If you have not inspected the flasher relay, start there before you perform available voltage tests on the system.