Q: Turn key to start long start time occasionally changed fuel pump still hesitate to start

My car start occasionally hesitate to start changed fuel pump

A: Hello. Your no start condition can be cause...

Hello. Your no start condition can be caused by a number of things. If you changed out the fuel pump I am assuming that the engine cranks over fine, but it just won’t start at times. From my experience with this vehicle it is usually a bad crank position sensor or a bad shut down relay.

I typically install a scan too and watch the crank sensor signal when this occurs. If it is not there then I replace the sensor. If it is, then I check the shut down relay to see if it is functioning and receiving power. If it is not, then it may need to be replaced. If both of those are fine it may be a bad ignition switch, or even a computer failure, which I have seen a few times. If you need to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, to have a certified mechanic come to your home or office to diagnose why your car is hard to start.