Q: ts own to the right

upon start up of car the steering wheel turns on its own completely in one direction

Hello, thank you for writing in. You are not alone in having this issue with a Honda. Although it is rare and rather unexplained, it has happened before. The power steering system is a mechanical system that is uses fluid to hydraulically assist in making the steering easier on the driver. Without you yourself applying any pressure on the system, there is likely an external force working on the wheels or steering linkage. This should be the first thing you check. Make sure you are on flat ground, and that there is nothing caught up in the linkage that is pushing the wheels in that direction. If there appears to be nothing physically wrong with the system, you are most likely looking at a pressure issue. When the engine starts up and pressurizes the power steering system, that pressurization may be causing strange effects. Have the power steering fluid checked, and look for leaks. Also listen for any signs the pump is failing (a whine, strain, or belt issues). For more diagnostic help, contact our service department.

3. ts own to the right