Q: Trying to reset security system by pressing valet switch but can't find it

I tried starting my car and it would crank but not turn over. I took it to a Firestone and they said it was the security system locking the ignition. I tried to locate the valet switch to manually reset it but cannot find it.

A: Hello there. If the security system is not ...

Hello there. If the security system is not allowing you to start the car, there are a few common issues. The most common would be a key transponder failure, worn key, key fob battery, or the start switch. When the car is in valet mode it does not allow access to the trunk, but the vehicle will still start. If you are still having trouble with your security system, you may want to get in touch with the dealer to see if they can guide you through the proper operation of the security system so that you can get the car running again. If you suspect that car parts besides the security system are failing, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose and repair the starting issue.