Q: Trying to put a Duramax engine in

I don't want to buy a brand new engine to have it not fit into the truck

3. Trying to put a Duramax engine in

Q: Q: Water in oil

Hello. If the engine has never been overheated then it is typically caused by a failing intake manifold gasket. This is very common on this engine. In order to determine what the issue is, a mechanic would typically do a...

Q: My 2004 Chevy Silverado is having cooling system problems

Hi there: On a 2004 Silverado 6.6L Diesel there is a heater hose bypass valve that opens when the heater is activated. Sometimes this component can become stuck due to corrosion inside the coolant lines or a sensor that has...

Q: Truck won't crank

From your description, it sounds as though your ignition switch is faulty. If there is power on the wire when trying to crank, it could be a faulty starter. You could ask for help from a certified mechanic at YourMechanic...