Q: Trying to locate my camshaft position sensor

I've been trying to locate my camshaft position sensor so that I can replace it. For my 1996 Toyota T100 3.4 L-V6 can you please help me.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The camshaft position sensor is located towards the front of the engine directly at the end of the camshaft. Due to not being able to see the camshaft, you are going to want to look for timing belt. The sensor is often located beneath or near the timing belt cover, since it plays a large role in keeping the engine in time. They are also located near the cylinder head at times. You are looking for a small black cylinder that inserts into the engine connected to electrical wiring. The wiring will be the easiest to spot as there is likely not many in the area. For more any more help replacing the sensor, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.