Q: Trying to figure out what's wrong with my ac

I was using my ac it was fine then I stopped at a store turn ac off then turn back in and noticed at first a sound kinda like blowing air from my engine then a few mins later it got louder like a grinding noise and another few mins went by I turned it off then back on and got a very loud kinda screaming sound and noticed it wasn't blowing cold anymore so I went back to the person I got it from and he listened to it and looked at it and said I need a new compressor so I turned it off got home and then about 5 hrs later I turned on the ac and it made a strange noise for a few seconds and then completely out of nowere nothing all the sounds went away it was blowing cool air again I looked at compressor and looked like it was spinning perfectly fine basically I'm asking do I need a new compressor or what I don't understand why it would do all that then out of nowere seem like everything is fine thanks

Just ran into this same situation on another vehicle and the compressor pulley and clutch disc needed to be replaced. The bearings in the pulley goes bad and will intermittently lock up and will make a scream noise when pulley does not turn. When the pulley and clutch is removed you do not have to remove the compressor to do this unless the pulley spun on the front of the compressor and damaged the pulley mounting. If it is damaged then compressor will need to be replaced.

3. Trying to figure out what's wrong with my ac