Q: Trying to determine if water pump is going bad.

I had a major puddle after letting the vehicle run idle for about 15-20 minutes. The temp gauge did rise a little but never ran hot. when cool I checked the radiator and reservoir both were very low. I filled with antifreeze and over a two week period the fluid level decrease but the temp gauge continues to register normal with little movement. I placed a drip pan underneath the truck and there was antifreeze present but when I look around the water pump housing I can't tell if the fluid is coming from there. I can't see any leaks around the hoses and I replaced the radiator a month ago.

A: Hi there. This appears to be a possible wat...

Hi there. This appears to be a possible water pump issue. The pump or one of the bypass hoses could have a leak that occurs once the system is pressurized and why you are finding coolant after sitting with the pan underneath the vehicle. A cooling system pressure test will uncover the source of the leak. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a cooling system leak inspection and water pump replacement.