Q: trunk stays locked when opening up doors and trunk 1989 Mercedes 260E

Trunk stays closed even when the key is turned and the other doors are unlocked

Hi there - you have either a fault with the trunk lock actuator, or the vacuum line going to that actuator. MB uses vacuum actuators for door locks and other functions with your model year, and the vacuum line are notorious for leaking as the rubber tubing ages. I would recommend a door lock inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/trunk-does-not-lock-or-open-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• trunk stays locked when opening up doors and trunk 1989 Mercedes 260E