Q: Trunk doesnt latch or shutdown

Trunk doesnt latch or shutdown what can be the probable reason and how much would it take to fix

A: Hi there. If the latch will not close on th...

Hi there. If the latch will not close on the trunk then most of the time the latch assembly in the trunk is faulty. In some cases it may have been hit and latched before the trunk was closed which will cause this to occur. I check this first and also make sure that the latch is firmly attached. If everything looks fine then the latch will need to be replaced. If you would like to have this latch fixed, consider having a YourMechanic certified technician come to your home or office to replace the latch assembly.