Q: Truck wont start

I changed the spark plugs on my 2001 ford ranger 3.0 on 5 and 6 since it was showing a misfire and both were really burned, i went to oreily and they gave me 2 spark plugs for my truck, after putting them on, i noticed the truck smell like gas and then like some plastic burning. I go back to oreily and tell them about the problem( they didnt ask me if it was gas or flex fuel) and the guy told me i recieved the wrong spark plugs. I went ahead and changed all 6 spark plugs and the wires and now a day later it would show a thin white smoke from tailpipe and now it wont start.

A: You have a different problem with the fuel ...

You have a different problem with the fuel system like a stuck or leaking injector or the fuel pressure regulator is leaking. Try and pull off the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator to see if fuel was in the line. If it does, then replace the regulator. If you'd like to have a second opinion on the no-start issue, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair the no-start issue on your Ford 2001 Ranger.