Q: Truck won't start & repair shop says battery is ok

Two out of three times when trying to start my truck, it takes at least 4-5 times to start. Also, the battery is dying very quickly. If I leave the key turned backwards for around 5 minutes and also listen to music, the battery goes dead then too. I had the mechanic examine the battery and he said everything checks out fine. Do you think that it is the alternator or the cylinder - or is it something else?

If the battery goes dead after 5 minutes of running the radio, then it is a weak battery. A full battery test and charging system test needs to be done with a proper system tester. You most likely have a battery with one or more dead cells. If the battery is more than a few years old, then it will need to be replaced. If you would like to have the faulty component verified, a technician from YourMechanic can inspect your starting issue at your home or office to ensure that the correct repairs are made.

3. Truck won't start & repair shop says battery is ok