Q: truck won't start

When try to crank it makes a 3 beep sound like an alarm but won't start.

Thanks for writing in today about your 2006 Ford Explorer. Commonly the beeping sound is alerting you to a problem with the electrical system that helps to engage the starter. Typically with Ford’s, the issue that triggers this alert is the battery, or wiring that goes from the battery to the starter. It’s likely that your battery has outlived it’s lifespan, which also tends to occur in extreme heat or cold conditions.

The best bet is to check your battery for charge or replace your battery to be on the safe side. Check those fuses as well or contact a local ASE certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your cars starting issue and fix it for you.

3. truck won't start