Q: Truck won't start.

I replaced the battery and starter. Had the starter tested it's good, battery is also good. When I try to start it it's just clicking. I've checked the fuses and they also look good.

A: When you try to start your vehicle, a signa...

When you try to start your vehicle, a signal is sent from the ignition to the starter solenoid which will allow current flow to the starter to turn the engine over. If the signal does not reach the starter, there will be no function. There is main power and there are relays as well as the ignition switch that all take part in this operation. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic to take a closer look at the circuit and offer a more personal diagnosis of your no-start concern.

A: A starter like any other mechanical and ele...

A starter like any other mechanical and electrical part is subject to failing sometimes for no apparent reason. However, sometimes this is misdiagnosed as well and often times mistaken for something much more simple like a fuse, relay or starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

Recommended services
Get a Quote