Q: truck won't run at hight mph

my trucks was marking me cat code for 2-3 months but i steal ran it and i changed a rear tire in emergency and from the it has been not running well i changes both cats and the check engine went away but steal runs the same

A: Hello. The rear tire change would not have ...

Hello. The rear tire change would not have anything to do with the operation of the catalytic converter. There is however a possibility that when the catalytic converter codes came up that this triggered other issues as a result of continuing to drive it.

As you may already know, the catalytic converter works to convert toxic exhaust gases to less harmful pollutants to dispel into the environment. When this is clogged and not working properly, this causes these gases to be backed up into the vehicle's system not allowing it to properly release combustion gases. As a result, this can cause other problems which may have been the issue to begin with that originally caused the cat codes to show up. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the codes that showed up with a scan tool to download critical data and pinpoint the cause of the problem.