Q: Truck won't go in park

Every time I need to out my truck in park I have to almost jam the shift in park and it doesn't always catch. Sometimes it still roll back in reverse and makes a clicking sound.

This is sometimes a common issue related to the kick down cable coming off of the carburetor not being adjusted properly. This can cause it to not go into or out of gear. Also, the shift linkage may be worn or could have failed. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose this shifting issue and make necessary repairs.

3. Truck won't go in park