Q: Truck won't fully start

When I try to turn truck on it sounds like it is you can hear the engine but then it turns off .. I already got a new battery and changed the alternator. But it's still doing the same. Could the shift lock solenoid have anything to do with it.

Hi there:

Sometimes this issue can be caused by sensors that monitor the fuel system, like a mass air flow sensor or the crankshaft position sensor; which controls ignition timing. I wouldn’t suspect that the shift lock solenoid is the cause, but to know for sure, you should have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection first, so they can pinpoint the cause and recommend the right repairs.

3. Truck won't fully start