Q: Truck won't crank won't turn over

All lights work and are strong passlock system seems to be OK cause the security light goes off and does not blink a few seconds after the key is turned on but engine will not turn over help I need to get home is there anyway I can override this problem or maybe a reset

A: You may be experiencing an issue with your ...

You may be experiencing an issue with your security system. If your car will turn on but won't actually turn over, this is often a symptom caused by a security problem. I haven't heard of any ways to bypass this problem. You may try unhooking your battery for 10 minutes and reconnecting it. If this issue still doesn't fix it you may need to look at getting the dealership to reset your security system.

You may also have an ignition problem. To fully diagnose this issue, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your location to perform an inspection of this issue with your vehicle not turning over, and suggest any necessary repairs.