Q: Truck turns over but won't start.

Truck was running rough, changed fuel filter and fuel pump, now truck won't start

A: If the fuel pump that was installed is not ...

If the fuel pump that was installed is not pumping then it would need to be checked by hooking up a fuel pressure tester to the fuel rail. If there is no fuel pressure, then check if the fuel pump is getting power to the connector of the pump. Specifically on the pink wire in the fuel pump connector. If there is power then you got a defective pump.

If you have no power, then check the fuel relay by swapping it with another relay in the main fuse box in the engine compartment. Also, check fuse number 27 for burn or brown marks and install the fuse kit to remove it from the fuse box if it is damaged. If you decide that you need help with these checks, feel free to contact a mobile mechanic who can come to the location of the vehicle and diagnose your starting issue firsthand.