Q: Truck turned off and was hard to restart.

My truck turned off when I came to a stop and it was hard to get it to start again. It started again after a few tries. I had my Check Engine Light diagnosed, and they said it was the crankshaft position sensor.

Hello. If the crankshaft position sensor is going bad, then the engine will typically run like this. The crank sensor tells the engine control module what the speed of the engine is. It uses this to determine when to send fuel and spark into the engine. The sensor will more than likely need to be replaced. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect other possible damaged parts.

3. Truck turned off and was hard to restart.