Q: truck trying to die at a red light and when i first start it up

My truck will try too die when I first start it and when I'm idling at a red light but after it gets past that it works great what could it be I thought the battery

A: The problem is most likely carbon build up ...

The problem is most likely carbon build up in the throttle body and the idle air control valve which may be sticking closed. Try and clean the throttle body and idle air control valve.

Also, clean the mass air sensor and check the air filter to ensure that it's clean and oil free. The oil type filters can contaminate the mass air sensors. I'd suggest getting this checked by a certified technician who can diagnose your stalling issue and fix it accordingly. Good luck.