Q: Truck taking longer to crank than it normally does

I bought a Ford F150 a little while ago. The past several days, when I try to start the truck, it has been taking longer to crank than it normally does. It just started to do this, and I haven't had any problems with it before. Is this a starter/battery issue? The dealer said "Well, if it starts, it's fine". I am not happy with their service.

This issue could very well be related to the starter or the battery.

If the battery has an issue or has a low charge, this can affect the amount of power that the starter receives. If the starter is weak, this can also cause it to crank slowly. One of the easiest ways to determine whether the starter or the battery has a problem would be to use a digital multimeter. This job should be performed by a certified technician. This is due to the fact that electricity is involved and risk of shock is possible. I recommend having a qualified mobile mechanic come to your home or place of business to diagnose your truck’s slow-to-start condition.