Q: Truck suddenly has no power, won't rev above 4K, and idles fine.

My truck suddenly has no power - top speed maybe 65 mph, slows to 45 or 50 up moderate hills even if I downshift. It idles ok and at low throttle positions and RPM seems normal but still underpowered. Above 3500 rpm it has a rattle, and seems to miss and buck a bit - had the check engine light flashing uphill. Won't rev over 4K with any load at all. Took it in and the shop had it 2 weeks, couldnt find anything for sure but said they thought the exhaust was plugged. Exhaust seems to blow out fine, but could the cats be plugged? Something in the valvetrain bent or broken? Don't think it's fuel delivery as it would still be smooth. Thoughts?

3. Truck suddenly has no power, won't rev above 4K, and idles fine.