Q: Truck starts and shuts off drive for a minute then shuts off reads no bus

Truck starts and shuts off drive for a minute then shuts off reads no bus

A: The first test should be the battery, no ma...

The first test should be the battery, no matter how new, and be sure it's at least 75% charged. Ensure the battery cables are clean and tight. A scan tool should be used to check for stored diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's) in your computer.

If it always starts right back up, your truck may just have an idle control issue. Check the throttle body and idle air control (IAC) for dirt and clean if needed. The "No bus" message can be the computer (PCM) signaling that it has given up.

A technician, like one from YouMechanic, would need to diagnose your stalling issue by checking the power and ground wires to your computer. Then based on the other test results, could make that call, and replace the PCM if indicated.