Q: Truck starting and shutting off

My truck won't start. I had to replace the ignition due to an attempted theft. The truck starts for a second and then shuts off.

Hi. It sounds like the key for the new ignition doesn’t have the right chip. Modern keys have a transmitter that sends a signal to the vehicles computer telling it that it’s the correct key. Try starting your vehicle with the original key close (within a couple inches) to the ignition switch. If that works, that means your key needs to be programmed to be compatible with the ignition switch. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the starting problem with your vehicle.