Q: Q: truck stalls

my truck kinda stalls when i put it drive... and transmission wont shift and radiator and coolant reservoir has oil in it.

Hello there, many different things can cause the engine to stall when it is put in drive. The oil in the coolant reservoir and radiator can be either from the engine or the transmission. You did not mention which model you have, but many modern cars have a transmission cooler built into the radiator, this set up can leak and cause the transmission fluid and coolant to mix. The other possible cause of oil in the coolant is from the engines head gasket.

In either case, this can be a rather severe problem. As far as the stalling the most likely cause in this case is the torque converter failure, transmission failure, low transmission fluid or a failing head gasket. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your stalling issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Q: truck stalls