Q: Truck stalling and burning gas

My truck stalls everytime i get on the gas, it is carbureted and i have rebuilt the carb recently. The only way i can keep the engine running at idle is the have all of the ajustment screws in all the way. When i drive it like this it burns alot of gas that it doesnt need. How can i fix it without buying a new carburetor as i can't afford one.

The problem sounds like your carburetor is flooding the engine out and you would either need to rebuild it or replace it. These carburetors can be tricky to overhaul and the electronic shut down valves can cause problems. I would recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose the problem and make sure that the carburetor is flooding and needs to be overhauled or just needs minor adjustments.