Q: Truck stalled while running

My truck stalled while running. My dashboard lit up and said Engine Failure. In addition, the AC stopped working and the truck shakes a little.

When you look at your dashboard, there are lights in amber and lights in red. When you get an amber light, you don’t need to panic. It just means to get me to a mechanic as soon as possible, such as your Check Engine Light or ABS light. But, when a red light comes on, like an Engine Failure Light, that means you have a few seconds until there is some kind of catastrophic damage to your vehicle. Engine failure could mean you are very low on oil, engine has some kind of internal mechanical problem, overheating, etc. The A/C stops working because the car is trying to save itself and it cuts off in an effort to get you to notice something is wrong. Because of the complications on an Engine Failure Light, I would suggest you seek help from a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to determine the cause of your stalling issue and suggest an appropriate repair.

3. Truck stalled while running