Q: truck stalled while pumping gas

Have always pumped gas eith truck running. Last time I did that it turned off and would not turn back on , acted like it was out of gas. After about an hour it turned back on. Drove fine after that, did not want to take a chance so replaced the fuel pump. Drove fine after that , until time pump gas . It turns off . So now I pump gas with truck off, but it takes about 15 minutes to start back up. What can be the issue with this truck?

A: You most likely have a leaking fuel tank va...

You most likely have a leaking fuel tank vapor control valve causing the hard start after refueling. The purge valve is supposed to seal the fuel vapor from flowing except when the vehicle is in a highway cruise situation. It should not flow any vapors when the vehicle is at idle or the engine is off. You should have the purge valve checked and replaced if leaking. The purge valve is mounted on the engine above the front fuel injector on the drivers side. You can test the valve by disconnecting the vapor line and applying vacuum to outlet side of the valve to see if it leaks down and will not hold vacuum.