Q: Truck stalled at 60mph on highway..restart attempts just click, starter contacts flywheel, but wont turn over.

Truck stalled at 60mph on highway..restart attempts just click, starter contacts flywheel, but wont turn over.

That is not usually a good sign. If the starter engages the flywheel and the motor will not turn, you may have a bad starter, but since the vehicle stopped while running, it is a possible that the engine has locked up. This can be due to low oil pressure or even a component failure. Try turning the crank with a breaker bar and appropriate socket. If you cant get it to move, then your engine will most likely need replacing. If you would like to confirm that the engine is bad, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the starting problem and advise you on a repair.

• Truck stalled at 60mph on highway..restart attempts just click, starter contacts flywheel, but wont turn over.