Q: Truck squeals when heater is turned on

I have a 04 chevy blazer, when my heater is on I hear a squealing sound coming from the belt/pulley area and I lose battery power. I have an new belt on it bypassing the ac compressor. Could it be the alternator, a dragging pulley or something else. And when my blinker is on the needle in the battery gauge bounces with the same rhythm as the blinker.

I would suggest checking charging system output. However, there is also a possibility that the heater circuit draws "too much" current, and that combined with a weak alternator, can cause noise as the alternator is loaded. In addition, the condition of the drive belt and pulley bearings should be considered. The fluctuation in the voltmeter, when the blinker is on, is also suggestive of a charging system, or other electrical system, fault. To get all these electrical issues diagnosed, and repaired, what I would suggest is that you request an electrical circuit/component diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Truck squeals when heater is turned on