Q: Truck shuts off when you turn headlight or turn signals on.

Blew a headlight since then when you turn on headlight it shuts down and nothing works and no current all body and motor part are hot when you check with test light .when disconnect battery cables and wasn't awhile I regain power . I have tried a separate ground to motor and body and battery. No success. I even jumped straight to cable no success. Any help

Hi there. Check all of the wiring from the headlight switch to the headlights and the turn signal switch to the turn signal lights. See if there is a short causing the lights to exceed the power limits causing the engine ground or ignition power to divert through the lights. If you need further assistance with your electrical issues, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Truck shuts off when you turn headlight or turn signals on.