Q: Truck shut down and will not start.

my truck was running extremely rough and would barely go. It shut down and wouldn't start again. It acted like the battery was dead the first few tries but then the solenoid was making a grinding noise. I changed out the battery cables and it started right up. I drove it about 200 yards and then it shut down completely as I was driving it. When I tried to crank it back up it wouldn't turn over and sounded like it had a dead battery. I tried jumping it but it still would not start. Will a bad solenoid make it shut down while driving? any thoughts on what the problem could be?

I see the note about the battery cables, but was the battery tested as well? If the battery is not being charged properly, the vehicle will not run for long periods of time. If the battery and connections check out ok, suspect the power supply electrical. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection of your no start concern and offer a more personal diagnosis.