Q: Truck shakes and wants to die in the morning

When I start my truck in the morning, it wants to shake and die, but it never does. This happens for at least three minutes, and then it will run smooth for the rest of the day. I wonder if it is the throttle body?

Hello! Throttle body could very well have to do with the rough idling. It may be caused by carbon buildup on the throttle plate or throttle body runners. Throttle body carbon buildup is the most common cause of the rough idling when cold. However, the rough idling could also be caused by a faulty coolant temperature sensor, distributor, or flawed fuel pressure. I suggest having a mechanic inspect the throttle body, and clean it of any deposits if necessary. Also, the fuel pressure should be checked, the distributor inspected, and the coolant temperature sensor tested. YourMechanic can have a mobile mechanic sent to your vehicle’s location to inspect your rough idle condition, and conduct the tests mentioned above, if deemed necessary.

3. Truck shakes and wants to die in the morning