Q: Truck runs fine most of the time but sometimes when its raining it won't crank and there is no noise at all.

My truck runs great most of the time but sometimes and it seems like when it's wet it won't start and I mean no noise at al no click but the battery has 12.8v on it and the headlights dim when I turn the key and it a brand new starter and when it happens I let it sit a few hours and then it will come and right up no problem

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. For the no start situation that you are encountering, check the wiring to your starter and make sure that the wires are tight and clean. If the wires are clean, then check the relay to the starter and see if its clicking when you turn the key as the engine will not start up. If there is a click, then check the wiring from the relay to your starter. If there is no click, then check for power to the relay. If there is power to the relay, then the relay needs replaced. If there is no power to the relay, then check the wiring from the relay to the ignition switch. If all of the wiring is good, then the ignition switch may be defective and need replaced. If you need further assistance with your no start situation, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Truck runs fine most of the time but sometimes when its raining it won't crank and there is no noise at all.