Q: Truck running very bad and I have a loss of electrical power.

It ran no problem when I left the house, then my stereo shut off for a few seconds the it came back on, then about five miles later it bogged down and the battery light on the dash started blinking sporadically on and off. After a couple of more miles at a stop light it totally shut down. Then when the traffic light turned green it started and I made a U-turn back for the house, cylinders misfiring all the way I made it home on the back streets with a top speed of 20 mph, and with no headlights. At home, I checked the battery with a voltage meter, it read 11.09 volts. It idles fast also. I just bought the battery about 6 months ago. The truck hasn't given me any electrical problems since I had it, 2 yrs. I didn't do any work to any wiring except change plug wires 3 months ago, and changed all the exterior light bulbs and replaced some fuses over a year ago. The alternator looks old and worn, Can it be tested at an auto parts store without removing it?

I appreciate the advice.

3. Truck running very bad and I have a loss of electrical power.