Q: Truck running ruff with newer use engine that just was put in. 2006 Ford F150

I have a 2006 Ford F-150 5.4 pickup. I brought a motor out of a 2005-2006 Expedition. A friend of mine put the motor in and when its running its running ruff at idleing and driving around its useing more fuel. Could it be the plugs or the coil pack mybe the Crank sensor is Bad? Im Retired and not a Mech can you help?

Hi there - first task is to check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. This will guide the most direct path to a fix. Since this is an engine swap scenario, I would next to be sure all connectors are securely attached, especially the oxygen sensors and other engine management sensors. For assistance, I would recommend a poor engine performance inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Truck running ruff with newer use engine that just was put in. 2006 Ford F150