Q: Truck over heat

When first drive of the day the car will over heat to 260' but will cool down as soon as I put it in park. Replaced the thermostat and ran fine but after replacing that it started to over heat again. Heater isn't blowing out hot air, When I shut the truck off sounds like bubbling in resivor. It's pushing fluid back up in my resivor and pushing it out of my over flow. What could be the problem?

Hey there:

The symptoms you’re describing seem as if you might have a damaged heater core or heater control valve. On the 2011 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel, there is a heater control valve that opens and closes and allows hot coolant to flow to the heater core to activate the heater. This helps to cool the motor as well, which is why you might be experiencing overheating issues when you are. However, there are multiple cooling system components on the newer turbo diesels that could also create this same problem; which is why it’s best to have a local mechanic complete a heater is not working inspection. This will allow a professional mechanic visit your home or office to determine what’s causing this issue so that the right repairs can be made.

3. Truck over heat