Q: Truck not turning after belt replacement

I had the serpentine belt replaced after it broke. The truck ran for a week and then stopped. Now, it will start, but when I drive I can't turn the steering wheel.

A: Hello. It sounds like the serpentine belt h...

Hello. It sounds like the serpentine belt has broken again or that you have a bad power steering pump. A certified technician will be able to diagnose exactly why your truck won’t turn over and inspect specifically the serpentine belt as well as all of the pulleys that the serpentine belt goes around. This will indicate whether the serpentine belt has been broken by a bad pulley, or if you have a bad steering pump.