Q: Truck not starting

My truck won't start. The headlights and dash lights work though.

A: Without knowing the exact model of the vehi...

Without knowing the exact model of the vehicle it will be difficult to make an accurate diagnosis. If the dashboard lights and all electronics go dead when the key is turned to start the vehicle, then the battery and connections should be checked. Another possibility is an issue with the vehicle immobilizer. You may have a faulty key or problem in the immobilizer system. Diagnosing the vehicle immobilizer will require the use of a manufacturer scan tool. You may want to enlist the assistance of a mechanic who will have access to a scan tool that can read out the statuses of the vehicle immobilizer. They will be able to diagnose your car's starting issue and perform the repair on your vehicle.