Q: Truck not starting consistently

My truck isn't getting good contact for consistent starting. Also, the AC is not blowing cold air. I put refrigerant in, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.

Hello. First, I am assuming your vehicle has an issue with the starter. Voltage drop testing should be performed between the starter and the battery. This will tell you if the is a loss of contact between the battery and the starter. If there is no voltage drop, then the starter is probably beginning to fail.

For the air conditioning, there is more to it that refrigerant to cold air. There can be a temperature blend door issue, a failing sensor, or a compressor issue. The vehicle should also be checked for codes and data. The climate control communicates with other systems in the vehicle. Gauges should also be connected to see what the working pressures are in the refrigerant system. It is possible that you may have overfilled your system which can be as bad as an under filled system.

I suggest having a certified mechanic inspect your starting issue and determine what is causing your AC problem. They will be able to diagnose both conditions and recommend appropriate repairs for both.