Q: Truck missing badly

My truck is beginning to miss badly. When I press down on the gas pedal, the truck moves slowly and is even beginning to miss and jerk.The gas mileage is also getting worse and it sounds like it is a problem with the fuel system.

A: Hello, as with all fuel injected vehicles, ...

Hello, as with all fuel injected vehicles, the first thing to check is to connect a scanner and check for codes and data. Diagnosing a miss is more that just the fuel system. If there are no codes, the cylinder that is missing needs to identified so it can be determined if its in the ignition system and fuel system. In the ignition system it could be a bad spark plug, wire or cap. The spark plug and wire could have carbon tracking causing a miss. The fuel system could have a bad fuel injector or low fuel pressure, the fuel pressure is checked with a fuel pressure gauge. Since the ignition system has high voltage and fuel is flammable, you are going to need the aid of a mechanic to check the ignition and fuel system in order to diagnose the engine misfire.