Q: Truck makes drumming sounds at the back

At speeds 35 mph and over, the truck starts making the drumming sounds. The noise comes from the back of the truck, from underneath. It usually occurs when I accelerate fast or get over a holes on the road. The noise lasts only for a moment. It would also increase as the speed increases. If the track has a bit more load on it, the noise would be more noticeable at lower speeds. What might be causing the noise?

A: Hello. This could be a differential or driv...

Hello. This could be a differential or driveline issue. You state the noise is momentary which rules out a lot of common issues such as tire defects and wheel bearings. Chassis ears would pinpoint the source of the noise. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the noise for you and let you know what should be done.